Pages

Welcome to the written depiction of my Namibian Experience with the Peace Corps! This blog will document the crazy adventure that I have embarked upon. I hope this blog will serve as a means to keep my family and friends updated on my adventures in Namibia, as well as, aid future volunteers in any way possible.

Sunday, September 15, 2013

G.I. Jane

You'll actually look forward to your morning commute. Life is calling. How far will you go? Learn more about the Peace Corps
I know everyone's already seen it on Facebook, but I wanted to document it in my blog as well. 
Before
After
Now, the question on everyone's mind seems to be "Why?"
well... here ya go:
*I've always said I would do it one day. Today was that day. 
*I needed a change
*It's HOT
*I'm in Namibia... Why not?!
*It's been great experiencing this in the Namibian culture with the children I work with. I get the sense that they don't value themselves or feel they are beautiful because their hair is not like mine. I loved showing them how little my hair meant to me
*I'm through hiding behind the hair. This is me. I like me. It doesn't get more real than that.

2 comments: