Pages

Welcome to the written depiction of my Namibian Experience with the Peace Corps! This blog will document the crazy adventure that I have embarked upon. I hope this blog will serve as a means to keep my family and friends updated on my adventures in Namibia, as well as, aid future volunteers in any way possible.

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

A Volunteer's tribute to Namibia

It's officially my one year anniversary in Namibia! How insane is that?! I remember being at the airport and leaving my friends and family behind, crying from both happiness and sadness as I walked to my gate, alone. Somehow, that seems like just yesterday and, at the same time, a lifetime ago...


For all the love and all the pain,
For all the heat and the little rain,
For all the loneliness and all I've grown, 
For all the cultural differences and the understanding you've shown, 
For all the friends I've lost and all the friends I've gained, 
For all the clarity and all I've changed, 
For all the food you've shared and all the rotten meat, 
For all the running stomach and all the people I'm forced to greet, 
For all the memories I'll never forget and all the projects I've tried to start, 
For  all the years to come Namibia will have a special place in my heart,
For all the smiles and all the tears, 
Cheers! 
Happy Anniversary, Namibia <3



You'll actually look forward to your morning commute. Life is calling. How far will you go? Learn more about the Peace Corps

No comments:

Post a Comment