Pages

Welcome to the written depiction of my Namibian Experience with the Peace Corps! This blog will document the crazy adventure that I have embarked upon. I hope this blog will serve as a means to keep my family and friends updated on my adventures in Namibia, as well as, aid future volunteers in any way possible.

Sunday, October 27, 2013

KAYEC Bronze 1 Camp

Afternoon Readers, 

This past weekend my counterpart and I hosted a Bronze 1 Camp for our kiddos. "What's a Bronze 1?", you ask. Well, I'll tell you. Bronze 1 is the first level in our program. Every year a kid is enrolled into our program they go up a "level". There are different responsibilities and privileges associated with each level and each one also has a "camp" that goes with it. The Bronze 1 camp is reserved for having fun, while some of the others cover more serious things. Soooo, without further ado, here are some of the things we did with the kids this weekend :) 

The kids have been practicing their dancing skills for Cultural Fest! 

After I gave the girls a makeover, 

It was time to take some random, silly pictures! 

 
 

We tried to do that super cool thing where you all jump at the same time. It didn't quite work out but there was lots of laughter in our failure :)


I taught the kids some gymnastics. They're fast learners! 

WATER FIGHT! 




Trust Game!

Alright guys. It's taking these pictures forever to load but we also had a wet dance party after the water fight, played lots of games, had debates and just acted silly! I will leave you with just two more photos. It's been just a little over a month since I shaved my head and here is the progress. Its growing so fast! 

September 2013

 October 2013
And yes... i realize I look like the "Overly attached girlfriend" meme in this picture. 

"Let's leave skype on so we can watch each other sleep."

Tootles readers. You rock my face. 


You'll actually look forward to your morning commute. Life is calling. How far will you go? Learn more about the Peace Corps


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting all the pictures! I really enjoyed them! It looks like your really loving your experience!

    ReplyDelete